Rights and obligations regarding the processing of personal data by our organization are governed by EU Regulation number 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)
Controller of personal data
The controller is Sdružení VIA, z. ú., with its registered seat at Dělnická 1324/9, Praha 7, 170 00, IČ 27013812 (“the Orgnaization”) .
Why we process your personal data
Our Organization collets data you enter into register form for the event AI for Accessibility HACKATHON (“the Event”), namely your full name, e-mail address and phone number. We process this data in order to:
- communicate with the participants about the Event and its progress;
- create working groups – assign consultants;
- give information about Microsoft AI programs and grants;
- obtain information about the state of the participating projects before and after the event.
Due to legitimate interest of the Controller, we also process your personal data for statistics and archiving purposes, should any disputes or complaints arise.
Where we store personal data
We use secure electronic storages located in the member states of the European Union. This is important because EU countries provide a united high level of personal data protection. This enhances your data security.
Personal data retention period
All contact information is archived for the time of the event and subsequent tasks delivery, at least till February 28, 2020. Contact information belonging to participating projects are archived till the participating project is finished and released to public.
In accordance with legal regulations, you have the right to obtain from us the provision of information or performance of certain personal data operations.
- Right to access: You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we store about you and to certain information about how we use it.
- Right to rectification: If you believe the information you provided us with is inaccurate, you may obtain its update or rectification.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing we perform to pursue legitimate interest. If we do not demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, we will not further process your personal data for that purpose.
- Right to data portability: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us the provision of your personal data in a machine-readable format. You can also have those data transferred to a third party.
- Right to erasure: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data, for example, if your personal data are no longer necessary for the original purposes. However, this must be balanced with regard to other factors and our legal obligations.
- Right to restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to obtain from us the discontinuation of the use of your personal data, for example if you believe the data are inaccurate or if you believe that it is no longer necessary to continue to use your personal information.
The request may be submitted only by you or your representative. If we are not sure of the applicant’s identity, we may ask you to provide further information to verify your identity.
In certain cases, our obligation to comply with the request depends on the purpose for which we process your data. Some rights can only be exercised for certain processing purposes, or there are exceptions.
How to exercise your rights
Regarding your personal data processing or requests for the exercise of your rights, you may contact us at: email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe that we process your personal data incorrectly or illegally, you may file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection. For more information on the Office for Personal Data Protection and its complaints procedures, please visit: www.uoou.cz.
Future Retail Ready
Join us at first CEE AI for Accessibility HACKATHON on February 4 in Prague!